Monday, July 5, 2010

Coho Cafe

I've been going to Coho Cafe a lot since I got here because (a) it is close to where I live, (b) the food is fantastic, and (c) the staff is always very pleasant and friendly.



The first time I was there, I had the Kogi Beef Short Ribs and Egg Stack with Kimchi fried rice at the bottom. The beef was tender and delicious. The fried rice was a bit spicy, but tolerable. The egg was crisp at the bottom and the yolk was cooked just right for me - not too runny and not too hard either.


On my fourth visit, which was today, I had the Steamed Manila Clams in Lemon Cream sauce. It was accompanied by two slices of bread and a slice of lemon. I love shellfish. My friend Q made me a fan of shellfish as she orders mussels and clams at a restaurant whenever she has the chance. So, I tried ordering mussels for my appetizer one time not so long ago and fell in love with them since. Anyway, back to Coho's clam dish. I just had one bad clam out of many, with bad meaning I can't open it so I just chose not to try and force it open in case it was still raw. The sauce was a bit too oily for me, but it came with just the right amount of garlic and herb.
 
 


Coho Cafe
Phone: 425-885-2646
8976 161st Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052

2 comments:

A Loopy Life said...

The short ribs look amazing!

Jenica said...

Yup, it was perfect for me at that time because I wanted breakfast but it was dinnertime and I wasnted meat at the same time :)

Post a Comment