I've had a bottle of rootbeer extract sitting in my cupboard for a while now. My brother J gave me an ice cream maker for my birthday and when he came for a visit, he said he wanted to make rootbeer flavored ice cream. Unfortunately, we had gone to three different supermarkets (including Whole Foods) at the time and couldn't find rootbeer extract anywhere so we ended up making chocolate ice cream instead.
I finally found rootbeer extract while grocery shopping with AJ at the Metropolitan Market in Seattle one time and added it to my basket right away since it was so hard to find. I thought I'd save it for when my brother comes back for another visit, but I don't think that day's coming anytime soon, so I recently searched for a recipe online and found one that looked simple and really easy to follow. The result was successful with the exact creamy texture I was looking for and with just the right amount of rootbeer flavor. I shared the ice cream with the Lims and it's all gone now. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I would definitely use this recipe again!
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Ooh, this sounds delicious! And the pic is so nice!
Post a Comment