Friday, August 10, 2012

S'mores Cupcakes

It's Summer and I've been keeping this recipe on my list for a while now, so on a free weekend, I gathered all the ingredients and tools I needed and started baking. The recipe is very easy to follow and it did not disappoint. The cupcakes turned out great!

First step is mixing all the dry ingredients for the cake...


And here's how it looks after adding the boiling water on the last step. The batter is supposed to be thin.


I usually use an ice cream scoop to fill my standard sized muffin pans, but this time I just poured the batter straight from the bowl since it was faster. That's why the batter isn't very equally distributed.


Straight out from the oven... 


Out for cooling...


Next comes my favorite part - making the frosting! This time, it isn't just my usual buttercream, but marshmallow frosting! 


Finally frosted the cupcakes! Look at how perfectly those peaks formed!


Used my new kitchen torch on the frosting and here's the final product...


I can see myself using this recipe again in the future. Next time, I will probably keep the mixer running a little longer for a stiffer frosting.

2 comments:

A Loopy Life said...

Looks so pretty! How come there's no photo of a fully decorated cupcake?

Jenica said...

I didn't end up topping them with graham cracker and hershey bar. didnt want to destroy the peaks :D

Post a Comment