Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Original Pancake House

K's mom read my blog post for 5 Spot and when she read that I preferred the corned beef hash at the Original Pancake House over the one I had at 5 Spot, she came all the way from Vancouver to give it a try. So, there we were driving to the Original Pancake House one rainy Sunday morning. What we neglected to do was to call ahead and put our names on the waiting list. When we got there, there were multiple parties already waiting by the entrance and even more who had called ahead. So we were looking at a 45 min wait. We didn't mind. Like I said, K's mom came all the way from Vancouver. What's a 45 min wait compared to the 3 hr drive? The restaurant made the wait bearable by serving free tastes of one their specialties, the Apple Pancake and free coffee.


There were 6 of us at the table and we all ordered the corned beef hash except K's sister, who ordered the Mushroom Omelette. The corned beef hash was just as I remembered it, very meaty and ground perfectly. The two poached eggs on top were just the way I liked them, a bit runny, but also with some of the yolk sticking to the egg white. According to the menu, the corned beef is homemade, a blend of kosher corned beef, onions and potatoes.



K's sister ordered the mushroom omelette, which had 5 eggs in it. When I saw it, it looked like a huge block of egg with creamy mushroom sauce on top! When I asked her how it tasted, she said it was good and had no bad comments about the dish. So, I just took her word for it.


There are a lot of items to choose from the menu. I always told myself I'd try another one of their specialties on my next visit or maybe a crepe, but I just always end up ordering the corned beef and I think I will continue doing so.

The Original Pancake House
Multiple locations nationwide
130 Parkplace Center
Kirkland, WA
425-827-7575

0 comments:

Post a Comment