My siblings reminded me last night that I hadn't blogged in a while and that I still have a backlog of restaurants and travel destinations to blog about. So, since today is a lazy Sunday for me, I thought I'd make good use of the outdated 40 inch plasma TV I bought 4 yrs back and put on a Robin Williams movie as I blog.
The last vacation I could remember taking was to Odessa, Texas to visit my cousin who just recently moved there with her family. There's really not much to see in Odessa, but at the time, "nothing to do" and "nothing to see" were exactly what I was hoping for. Plus, I wasn't there for sightseeing or the food (though I really did enjoy Rosa's cafe). I was there to play with my extremely lovable godson who made my weekend absolutely fun and memorable.
As much as there was nothing to do in Odessa, New Mexico was only a 2 hour drive away so my cousin and her husband thought to make a roadtrip to Carlsbad Caverns and I'm glad they did. The visit to the Carlsbad Caverns was probably the longest I've spent walking underground in my life (not that I walk underground very often). The cave is huge and it probably took us an hour to follow the whole trail around the Big Room. Who would have thought that looking at underground rock formations could be very exciting?
Because it was quite dark in the cave, it was difficult to take good photographs, but my camera tried its best anyway. Enjoy the pictures!
I highly recommend visiting the Carlsbad Caverns and a big thank you to my cousin and her husband for bringing me here.
Carlsbad Caverns National Park
3225 National Parks Highway
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yay, glad you had fun! And at least you're blogging, haha. My last post was in October!
Post a Comment